Here are a dozen reasons why it pays to work with a real estate professional. You wouldn't try to navigate through a complex tax problem without a CPA. Would you want to consult with an attorney if you needed a difficult legal problem resolved? Yes? Then why would anyone attempt to sell likely their largest and most prized asset without the help of a professional. Here are a few reasons why Realtors can help:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders -- banks and mortgage companies -- offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.